Monday 4 February 2013

The White Witch Hot Chocolate



"Edmund saw the drop for a second in mid-air, shining like a diamond. But the moment it touched the snow there was a hissing sound and there stood a jeweled cup full of something that steamed." (43) 


So today I tried my hand at making Hot Chocolate White Witch style. I looked through a few recipes suggested online and came across one here http://www.narniafans.com/fansection/recipes.php for a Narnia style Hot Chocolate and changed it a bit to suit my tastes. 

Here is my recipe for The White Witch Hot Chocolate.


Ingredients
4 Tsp Cocoa
2 Tsp Sugar
1.5 cups Milk
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract (or more)
1 Tsp of Cinnamon Powder
Whipped Cream
Crushed biscuit (Any type)




Procedure
Add milk to saucepan.
Add Cocoa and sugar and stir.
Add cinnamon, vanilla. 
Heat to just under boiling.
Mix well and pour into Glass
Top with whipped cream and crushed biscuit of choice.
(I used a chocolate HobNob)

 "Edmund felt much better as he began to sip the hot drink. It was something he had never tasted before, very sweet and  foamy and creamy, and it warmed him right down to his toes." (43)

So there is my final result and it was attractive and tasted great. I couldn't resist taking some White Witch themed photos to show it off and after I did that it had cooled down enough and I thoroughly enjoyed drinking it. Just as Edmund noticed, the drink is incredibly sweet and creamy and has the magical effect of making me feel warmer and relaxed. As Narnia is frozen and cold due to the White Witches rule in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, this would have been the perfect drink to lure Edmund in with its warmth and attractiveness. The cinnamon is what makes this recipe for me, it really added something to the Hot Chocolate taste that complimented it.

If you have an Edmund style sweet tooth like me you will love this recipe. 


Cheers!
Sammy xx




1 comment:

  1. Sammy, I am definitely trying this and the cake pops when I'm free. They both look so tasty! I'll let you know how they turn out x

    ReplyDelete