Friday 15 February 2013

Poison Apple Cake Pops


“Then Snow-White was very much tempted to taste, for the apple looked exceedingly nice; and when she saw the old woman eat, she could refrain no longer.” (33)

I’ve wanted to try and make Cake Pops since I first heard about them. So this finally gave me my excuse. I wanted to make it so like in the Fairytale the apples seemed perfect from the outside but there an is evil once one is bitten into. My version of evil is actually quite delicious.


Ingredients
  1. Cake, prepared. (If you are feeling lazy you can buy some from the shop)
  2. Frosting (amount depending on the moistness of your cake. I used three Tbs)
  3. 1 bag of red candymelts. (or white chocolate and red food colouring)
  4. Green food colouring   
  5. Cake Pop sticks
  6. Fondant Leaves (You can make the leaves any way you please I personally liked the look of fondant ones and used a cutter to create their look but you could make them many different ways or just buy them.) 

Instructions
Add the cake into a large bowl.
Crumble it and add green food colouring until it looks something like this.




Add the frosting a spoon at a time until cake can hold a ball shape. Be careful not to add too much or it will be too gooey.
Use hands to roll the mixture into balls and repeat until you have finished the mixture.



Melt a few pieces of the chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute.
Dip the tip of the cake pop sticks into the chocolate and insert into the cake balls up to about half the way.
Put Cake Pops in the freezer for 30 minutes.





Boil a pan of water, remove when done then place a large bowl over the top of the pan. 
Place enough chocolate to submerge the cake in the bowl to melt. 
Remove Cake Pops from freezer.
Dip the cake into the chocolate until covered.
Put the Cake Pop in a styrofoam block to set.
Add the leaves while the chocolate is wet as It will harden quickly.


Here is the outcome.



My poison apples.

Sammy xx

4 comments:

  1. They are really dramatic - did they taste good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those poison apples look delicious!
    I've really enjoyed reading your blog Sammy, you've made food mysterious and magical again- I feel like I've gone back to my childhood! You write with a really engaging style and you're clearly passionate about what you're writing. It all looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great like they are straight out from a fairy tale great blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sammy these look incredible! I've loved popping candy since I was a kid and would love to try these. Really enjoying your writing style, well done!

    ReplyDelete